Greetings Avonhurst Family,
It is with great excitement and anticipation of what the Lord is going to do in our midst through this coming season that I write to you today.
As you may or may not be aware, government regulations on gatherings in all places have been changing. Included in these changes are places of worship.
With a heart to bring glory to the Lord, disciple people well, keep our family and community safe, and maintain a strong witness in our city, the church leadership,
staff, and board has been meeting to develop a re-opening plan. We will enter what we are calling Phase 2 of our Church Reopening plan on Sunday, July the 19th.
What will be changing?
1. We will move from having only Online Gatherings during Phase 1, to also having an In Person Gathering option on Sunday mornings.
Because of our desire to keep our congregation safe and maintain a strong witness by honoring government regulations, our capacity will be limited to roughly 80 persons,
with an overflow for an extra 30 persons available in the chapel. We will not be having Sunday morning children's ministry at our in-person gathering's at this time.
More information on what these In-Person Gatherings will look like, including a what to expect video, meeting guidelines, and an online save my seat option will be coming on Monday, July 13th.
Rest assured, while these In Person Gatherings will look somewhat different from what you may be used to, the staff and leadership is working extra hard to make sure these gatherings
will be life giving and a wonderful opportunity to gather together as a church and grow in our relationship with one another and Christ.
2. Youth Ministry will move from being online only to also having in-person options. If you have kids in this age category stay tuned as Pastor Jacob has some great stuff coming their way!
3. Some mid-week church ministries/gatherings at the church of 30 people or less will be allowed to resume. (Example: Mid-Week Morning Prayer, Small Groups, AA, etc.)
GUIDELINES FOR GROUPS OF 30 OR UNDER GATHERING AT AVONHURST:
- If you are feeling sick please stay home.
- All activities will be limited to the upstairs portion of our building. Downstairs will be closed for the time being.
- There will be signage indicating the directions people are to enter and exit the building. Please observe and follow these directions.
- Social distancing of 2 meters (6ft) will be observed in all interactions including seating.
- Hand sanitizing is required when entering the building. A hand sanitizing station will be present at the entrance of the building for your convenience.
- We are required by Saskatchewan regulations to keep a roster of who has been in the building in case of a Covid outbreak. As such we are asking for attendance to be taken at all gatherings in the building.
- Mask wearing is encouraged but not mandatory. Avonhurst will be providing masks for those who do not have one.
- No food or beverages are to be served at events during this time.
- Groups can be no larger than 30.
4. Special In-Person Summer Activities will be scheduled (Example: Men's Golf Tournament, Family Park Days, etc)
5. We will once again be reaching our community with the return of our "Summer Feeding Program".
I want to be very clear; all of our online content will continue.
Both our Sunday Morning Online Service, as well as our Kids Church Online Service which will be live every Sunday Morning,
and the leadership team at Avonhurst is committed to maintaining the same level of excellence in these resources moving forward.
I also want to let you know that we are committed to the highest level of cleanliness and sanitization.
The building will be cleaned and sanitized thoroughly between services, gatherings, and events. Great things are happening in our church body.
We’ve continued reaching out to our community and connecting with one another online.
We’ve seen new people come into the family through our online services who may never have walked through our church doors before.
Best of all, we’ve seen several people come to know the Lord during this season. I anticipate even greater things ahead as we move towards Phase 2 of our reopening.
Isaiah 43:19, “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.”
Let’s keep loving God, connecting with one another, and serving Jesus with our everything. See you all real soon!
Pastor Brad Thomas